Danmon Group IBC 2015 Preview
Danmon Group, Systems will exhibit its full range of systems integration services on stand 8.B51 at IBC2015, Amsterdam, September 11-15.
The company is one of the world's most experienced providers of systems integration support to television and radio broadcasters, post-production houses and professional audio studios, as well as the corporate, academic and government sectors. Danmon Group, Systems’ fields of activity include every aspect of broadcast and electronic media technology, from consultancy to production and postproduction, transmission and archiving, encompassing video, audio, graphics, streaming, audio visual and multimedia applications.
Danmon Group, Systems representatives attending IBC2015 will include: Henning Brønnum (Managing Director), Peter Thomsen (Deputy Managing Director), Søren Bruun (Operations Manager), Karsten Grunnet (Media Sales Director), Per Goschebart (Broadcast Sales Manager) and Bjarne Pedersen (Managing Director, Danmon Asia).
"We are seeing a dramatic shift in our business," says Peter Thomsen. "Broadcasters are rapidly moving their focus from linear to on-demand channels and OTT. This is accelerating the need to use commercial of-the-shelf IT, video-over-IP, virtualisation and outsourcing. Workflow orchestration and media asset management will form the core elements of many future projects; perhaps all of them. As systems integration service providers, our role is becoming more than ever oriented towards selling our experience and our knowledge-based capabilities. UHD has also become a key element of project planning, either from the outset or in the need to provide an easy upgrade path. These advances create a challenge but also an opportunity, not only for us but especially for our customers."
Recent Danmon Group, Systems project successes include:
* Delivery, installation and commissioning of a complete high-definition facility upgrade at TV 2 / FYN in Denmark.
* A two-way live video and audio transmission system, based on cellular telephone modems and antennas, incorporated into a saloon car used for coverage of the summer 2015 Danish general election.
* A complete DAB+ radio headend system for the headquarters of the Danish Broadcasting Corporation at DR Byen in Copenhagen.
* Containerised turnkey radio broadcast facilities, including audio production desks, satellite links and FM relay transmitters for a large intergovernmental organisation.
* A high-profile production facility in London for a major Middle-East-based news channel.
* The relocation of Greenland state broadcaster KNR's entire television and radio production and transmission facilities.
Danmon Group, Systems (www.danmon.com) is part of Danmon Group, one of Europe's leading suppliers of audio, video, transmission products and digital media solutions. The Danmon Group’s Systems Integration Division covers a wide spectrum of operations ranging from designing, installing and commissioning studios, playout centres, news-rooms and satellite systems to providing the complete infrastructure of television and radio stations for major broadcasters and service providers worldwide. The Systems Integration Division operates internationally from offices in Scandinavia, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Implementing Media Technology - we think globally and act locally.
Contacts for further information
Danmon Group, Systems: Søren Bruun, Danmon Group, Systems | Tel: +45 8745 99 09
Danmon Group, Systems | Sindalsvej 48B | DK-8240 Risskov | Denmark
News media support: David Kirk, Stylus Media Consultants